Join the #AtoBChallenge Bike Bus and cycle to Open Streets Main Road on the 25th February. Participants stand a chance to win a bicycle!
This year Open Streets Cape Town and Bicycle South have teamed up to activate a series of bicycle commuter routes around Cape Town. Aimed to encourage more people to go by bike and experience new ways of moving around the city, the #AtoBChallenge kicks off with a Bike Bus (group cycle) to Open Streets Main Road.
The Bike bus will start from Muizenberg and make its way Open Streets Main Road via Main Road, there will be various pick up points along the way. We encourage participants to arrive half an hour before indicated departure times, so that we can leave on time. Pickup points include:
1. Muizenberg – Knead Bakery, departing at 9:00 am
2. Tokai – Bootleggers, departing at 9:30 am
3. Wynberg – Four & Twenty, departing at 10:00 am
4. Claremont – Knead Palmyra Centre, departing at 10:15 am
5. Mowbray – The Gear Change, departing at 10:45 am
6. OS Main Road – arriving at 11:00 am
7. Single return trip (OS Main Road to Muizenberg) at 1:00 pm
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING
✓ A bike in working order (take it to the bike shop for a check up if it hasn’t been ridden lately).
✓ A lock to secure your bike at your destination
✓ A pump + tube/repair kit
✓ A sense of fun and some friends too
* Please note that you are responsible for your own safety while riding with the group, however one of the best things about the bike bus is safety in numbers – the more people who ride together, the higher the visibility the bike bus has.
HOW TO ENTER THE #ATOBCHALLENGE AND STAND A CHANCE TO WIN A BIKE!
You will need to follow these steps:
1. Take a picture of yourself commuting to Open Streets Main Road on the 25 Feb on your chosen mode of transport (a video is even better!)
2. Post your picture on social media with the hashtag #AtoBChallenge and tag @OpenStreetsCT (Twitter) or @OpenStreetsCapeTown (Facebook, Instagram)
3. Share your feedback when you get to Open Streets Main Road. Open Streets Cape Town will be waiting for you with a little present at the Open Streets info booth opposite Aberdeen Park.
Participants stand a chance of winning a brand-new bicycle from Ubuntu Bikes as well as safety gear and MyCiTi myconnect cards.
Date: 25 February 2018
Time: 9 AM – 2 PM
Venue: Knead Bakery, Surfer’s Corner, Beach Road, Muizenberg.
This post is sponsored by Chas Everitt Cape Town South