The Bike Bus from Muizenberg to Open Streets Cape Town on Bree will take place on the 17th January 2016. Riders will meet at the False Bay train station car park at 9:00am and cycle along main road all the way to town! The total distance is 26km.
Riders will join the Southern Suburb arm of the Bike Bus to Open Streets Bree 2016 at Josephine Mill in Newlands at 10am, and will cycle the rest of the way with them.
Information from Bicycle Cape Town’s Bike Bus page:
What you need to bring
– A bike in working order (take it to the bike shop for a check up if it hasn’t been ridden lately)
– Helmet and lights (if riding at night)
– A lock to secure your bike at your destination
– A pump + tube/repair kit
– A sense of fun and some friends too
* Please note that riders are responsible for their own safety while riding with the group, however one of the best things about the bike bus is safety in numbers. The more people who ride together, the higher the visibility the bike bus has, combined with careful route choice, responsible and alert riding, and the knowledge of more experienced cyclists, a bus can make riding to work pretty safe compared to cycling alone.